Accuracy is the name of the game when it comes to land surveying. Our crews are fully outfitted with the latest in survey technology and are trained in precise techniques, detailed control procedures, and thorough cross checking to deliver a high quality survey every time. Our capabilities are continually expanding as we constantly look for ways to provide better and expanded services to clients. For example, we are proud to now have a Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) on staff, allowing AKS to work on federally owned and tribal lands.
If you own property near a stream, river, pond, lake or other water source, flood insurance is likely something you are already familiar with. However, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has made changes that may affect you or people you know. A combination of updated maps and new legislation is forcing more property owners to carry flood insurance. Other property owners are experiencing significant rate changes, which may effect the value of the property.
The surveyors at AKS Engineering & Forestry have been assisting property owners for over 20 years. AKS has an ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) and we are also eLOMA certified. We can help you with flood-related documentation including Flood Elevation Certificates and Letters of Map Change (LOMC).
- Flood Elevation Certificates
- Property Boundary Surveying
- Topographic/Design Surveying & Mapping
- 3D Laser Scanning
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
- Control Surveying
- Property Line Adjustment Surveys
- Right-of-Way Resolution
- Easement Surveying & Staking
- Legal Description & Exhibit Maps
- Underground Utility Surveying
- Subdivision & Partition Platting & Monumentation
- Construction Layout (Staking)
- Volume & Area Calculations
- As-Built Surveying
- Cadastral Surveying
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Surveying
- Geodetic Control Surveying
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping
- Hydrographic Surveying
Click here for a pdf of our Land Surveying Overview.